Common Code Violations
While the majority of code violations occur without any ill-intention or even knowledge of a violation, they still happen all over the community. Below is a list of common violations found.
Common "Code" Violations
- Any type of construction for which a permit is required that has been performed without a valid permit.
- Connection of sump pump or footing tile(s) into the sanitary sewer.
- “Extension Cords” used for permanent wiring.
- “Grounded” 3 prong outlets improperly installed on a non grounded wiring system
- Not having the State-required Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Improper modifications/additions to the plumbing or electrical system
- Shed installed without permit (permit is required for any portable shed as well as built on site sheds)
- Fence installed/modified without permit
- Loose/ improper handrails/guardrails